After a night at a former speakeasy with still-boozey paneling, 2nd story railings one could brawl through, prohibition-era escape route, a metal curl of stairs on stage strung with Xmas lights looking less weight-bearing and more DNA, I declare an intent to rewrite all rock lyrics. OK, says J, but you need rules. OK, says I, Bienvenue ala Ort Cloud Candelabra. “The possibility of song within that world… like saying ‘yes’ to sunlight” (Paul Blackburn) and other statements of poetics put some Vitamin D back into those pursuits.
Monday, January 08, 2007
- Nov 18 7 p.m.Clean Part Series, Lincoln, NE
- Nov 28 8 p.m. Too Close for Comfort Reading Series, Milwaukee, WI
- Jan 28 7 p.m. Zinc Bar, NY
- Nov 03 Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher
- Dec 22 James Wagner & Brian Whitener
- Feb 09 Monica de la Torre & TBA
- Feb 23 Stephen Rodefer & Daniel Borzutzky
- May 11 Lisa Fishman & Kate Colby
- Jun 08 The City Visible anthology release reading
- fell asleep in public twice today. first in a yoga...
- though my running mate is out of town and my knees...
- Last night’s poems: These poems are being made to ...
- Got passport picture taken today. I am shifty-eyed...
- Liberal Media?
- Practicing our uuuuhhhhrrr, J getting sicker as th...
- Just remove this city from my mind, tending Hirosh...
- Reminded of this bit of Warhola by chance by looki...
- Oh Design (swoon).