Feeling ready for Sunday’s 5K only I had to see an interactive graphic this morning on the BBC of the body’s gradual disintegration into heat stroke. And then local alarm on the radio all morning about the HEAT DOOM upon us from now until Tuesday. And everyone I see lately is in one of those black, velcro cast boots saying “running” and/or “surgery.” Within this nervosa I find lines read and misreading uplifting from the mighty Dusie Kollectiv chaps. Especially Kaia’s Heart on a Tripod. Maybe I’ll be cramping due to potassium loss mid kilometer and thinking “my last outlasts,” and how all “behavior [is] a clutter of blood,” or “a pox on the metric system.”
Friday, July 28, 2006
- Nov 18 7 p.m.Clean Part Series, Lincoln, NE
- Nov 28 8 p.m. Too Close for Comfort Reading Series, Milwaukee, WI
- Jan 28 7 p.m. Zinc Bar, NY
- Nov 03 Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher
- Dec 22 James Wagner & Brian Whitener
- Feb 09 Monica de la Torre & TBA
- Feb 23 Stephen Rodefer & Daniel Borzutzky
- May 11 Lisa Fishman & Kate Colby
- Jun 08 The City Visible anthology release reading
- last night's cooking class.. what's funny about ma...
- oh librarianism
- it’s noon and I want to know it.. briefly.. the t...
- aspiration is just an entendre in the shiny mind g...
- around reading
- serious case of monday nacrolepsy-- strageties for...
- a Japanese expression- mono no aware- roughly the ...
- that's two politically visceral scrapes in as many...
- le sang d'un poete
- Haunted by conversations of 4 July party last nigh...