Haunted by conversations of 4 July party last night, at a friend’s house, the company of many various neighbors, schoolteachers telling me poems must rhyme, former soldiers telling me the papers lie/force and secrecy is right/Iraq was “fun.” Wishing I were home to write and watch Portugal v. France. Instead ran for 36 minutes at lunch, touched the city line. Weeding through old bugs, listening to Bach Suites for Solo Cello, not my usual worktronica, but in headphones I can hear the performer’s breathing complimenting the physicality of the cello, an instrument I’d like to learn more of than to simply hold. A certain human fragility audible there, in player and chord, that quiets my speculation over what a boy in a baseball cap eating a hot dog checking his voicemail talking about Vegas then war had done.
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
- Nov 18 7 p.m.Clean Part Series, Lincoln, NE
- Nov 28 8 p.m. Too Close for Comfort Reading Series, Milwaukee, WI
- Jan 28 7 p.m. Zinc Bar, NY
- Nov 03 Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher
- Dec 22 James Wagner & Brian Whitener
- Feb 09 Monica de la Torre & TBA
- Feb 23 Stephen Rodefer & Daniel Borzutzky
- May 11 Lisa Fishman & Kate Colby
- Jun 08 The City Visible anthology release reading
- Would you politely move a spider?
- in case i was worried about what i would do with m...
- neighbor moving strangely in her house who needs t...
- if crowds are your thing if fistfights are breakin...
- Feeling for a while like driving and me should bre...
- Oh Barack, not you too. Is this really the strateg...
- misc.. fill space!
- quick poem for bean
- let's go sister who teases what money can buy/not ...
- looks like it was a western tanager we saw on the...