During a week that I'm reading, talking, thinking about the implications of branding to art and the artist, that in spite of the crassness of the term there are upsides there (thinking of the end not as a purchase but as attention) the company today held a meeting to roll out its new brand identity. I was wishing I brought my notebook to take down a few bits of language since I don't usually see/hear this side of things, the one I recall is "me-too" used as an adj. Then a corporate movie full of quick cuts to get us excited with a Who soundtrack and what the hell?- there I am slouching at my desk surfing the internet.. 1, 2, 3, 4 times! I remember the day last fall I looked up and there were 2 dudes with a camera angling down over my half wall.. scared the bejesus out of me. But me? Slovenly poet surrounded in her cube by maps of foreign cities where she'd rather be, a corporate poster lass? Chalk one up for the New Sincerity.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
- Nov 18 7 p.m.Clean Part Series, Lincoln, NE
- Nov 28 8 p.m. Too Close for Comfort Reading Series, Milwaukee, WI
- Jan 28 7 p.m. Zinc Bar, NY
- Nov 03 Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher
- Dec 22 James Wagner & Brian Whitener
- Feb 09 Monica de la Torre & TBA
- Feb 23 Stephen Rodefer & Daniel Borzutzky
- May 11 Lisa Fishman & Kate Colby
- Jun 08 The City Visible anthology release reading
- the way some painters are renegotiating the tensio...
- Good friends and current reading regard design. Fo...
- Reading notes, Links Hall Friday the 3rd
- Citizen Badly This menu is too complicated. Oh I ...
- what a great idea this is.
- Happy Melissa Day
- dagummit, missed my chance to get tickets online f...
- wish we had gotten to this. i had initially heard...
- I heart that today my job asks me to answer this q...
- The other state of the union: A family friend ass...