Tuesday, February 07, 2006

During a week that I'm reading, talking, thinking about the implications of branding to art and the artist, that in spite of the crassness of the term there are upsides there (thinking of the end not as a purchase but as attention) the company today held a meeting to roll out its new brand identity. I was wishing I brought my notebook to take down a few bits of language since I don't usually see/hear this side of things, the one I recall is "me-too" used as an adj. Then a corporate movie full of quick cuts to get us excited with a Who soundtrack and what the hell?- there I am slouching at my desk surfing the internet.. 1, 2, 3, 4 times! I remember the day last fall I looked up and there were 2 dudes with a camera angling down over my half wall.. scared the bejesus out of me. But me? Slovenly poet surrounded in her cube by maps of foreign cities where she'd rather be, a corporate poster lass? Chalk one up for the New Sincerity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home