Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thanks Drew for making me aware of the The International Museum of Collage, Assemblage and Construction - a department of the Ontological Museum of the International Post-Dogmatist Group’s gorg. Hannah Hoch site. Here’s a question: does the Ontological Museum actually exist? Does it have bricks and mortar?

Also, I’m taking the cue and thinking over my favorite movies… if the criteria is movies you’ve watched the most times in your lifetime, my preteen years spent with the Lost Boys and the Goonies would skew the results considerably. So, ones I’ve found memorable in one or more viewings in the last 10 or so years.. a.k.a. The New Goonies:

Man with a Movie Camera
The Decalogue
Bleu
Maya Deren’s Meshes of the Afternoon
Talk to Her (Habla con ella)
Dead Man
Night on Earth
8 1/2
The Dreamers
Lost in Translation
Being There
Akira Kurasawa's Dreams (every time someone walks a dog with jingly tags past my window I think of the woman running discreetly through the peach orchard... and the fox wedding, another favorite scene)

But a list like this totally misrepresents all of the Harold and Kumar Go to White Castles that I watch (and enjoy)… so this requires more of a mull than now after a late night with baseball (and I still couldn’t make it to the end of the game) (tied for the longest in postseason history) (and I take back any disparaging word I’ve ever blogged about the white sox.. they are the most well-rounded team I’ve ever watched and they never give up… this is a total revelation for someone who grew up watching the cubs. I’m glad we got to all of the games that we did in the last few years, because I bet gone will be the days of $25 getting you a good seat with plenty of elbow room as they play to a half empty stadium.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home