Monday, January 23, 2006

My first meme

(running with it from Bill)

Four jobs I want to have in my life:- Actually, 5..
1. Horticulturist- oh to diddle with plants in some great steamy conservatory.
2. Museum curator- oh to be alone in the galleries at night rearranging everything.
3. B&B operator in the Alps
4. Artisanal cheese maker- even better if it involves a bit of goat herding.
5. Movie house projectionist- but only in some haunted old theater with an organ, like the Music Box.

Four jobs I've had:
1. Potato Maestro: sliced open baked potatoes and added requested glop while sneaking nips of schnapps in a suburban mall trough.
2. Barista: explained inanely titled foods and beverages, distracted customers when biscuit-sized roaches publicly scuttled.
3. Office Nymph for a sleazy time-share realty co.: made out gift certificates for Dave & Busters in careful bubbly cursive to direct-marketing bait that endured hour-long sales pitch.
4. Jr. College Recruitment Aide: represented college at area carnivals, took cover in beer tents when twisters approached.

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Dreams (Kurasawa)
2. Meshes of the Afternoon
3. Man With a Movie Camera
4. Annie Hall

Four places I’ve lived:
1. Chicago
2. Phoenix
3. Portland, OR
4. Providence

Four novels I could read over and over:
1. The Last Days
2. Invisible Cities
3. something by Virginia Woolf I haven’t read yet
4. On the Road

Four places I’ve vacationed:
1. Barcelona
2. Paris
3. Kennebunkport
4. Tombstone

Four favorite foods:
1. French bread and brie
2. Black bean tacos
3. Sushi
4. Super thin crust pizza with spinach and giardiniera on it

Four places I’d rather be:
1. Chichén Itzá
2. Amsterdam
3. Hokkaido
4. Somewhere between Seattle and Port Townsend

Four poems I can’t live without:
1. Jabberwocky
2. Song of the Chinchilla
3. Tender Buttons
4. The Sonnets (Berrigan)
are these last two cheating?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home