on my lunch hour, paid a visit to my favorite tea shop, and the woman who owns this place must be a doctor of chinese medicine, because everytime i'm in there she is diagnosing patrons' ailments, giving them articles to read, lifestyle advice, whipping up special concoctions. i was in a hurry, so couldn't sniff everything or get diagnosed, but she steered my green fancy to a few new things: a yu jun green, a dragonwell from her hometown, and a bamboo something-or-other green that smells nutty-toasty and looks like a bag of crisp feathers. since i drink tea all day long, which is mostly at work, my desk is starting to look like an apothecary. i'll have to go back and treat myself to a cup of the "sparrow's tongue" sometime soon... it's too nice to drink next to a stapler.
Friday, October 14, 2005
- Nov 18 7 p.m.Clean Part Series, Lincoln, NE
- Nov 28 8 p.m. Too Close for Comfort Reading Series, Milwaukee, WI
- Jan 28 7 p.m. Zinc Bar, NY
- Nov 03 Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher
- Dec 22 James Wagner & Brian Whitener
- Feb 09 Monica de la Torre & TBA
- Feb 23 Stephen Rodefer & Daniel Borzutzky
- May 11 Lisa Fishman & Kate Colby
- Jun 08 The City Visible anthology release reading
- I say all of this having not seen Jost’s other fi...
- expert at a good hooky day, i'm ticked that i had ...
- another thankly tip from the uberblog, "w" magazin...
- assuring quality I'll just fall asleep next to an ...
- should have listened to janet jackson instead
- found poem/the answers
- a sentence j and i never thought i'd say: "want to...
- I went to see the runners. I walked the last half...