expert at a good hooky day, i'm ticked that i had to cash one in today because, for the stupidest reason, i was up late with wine and reading this book for my book group at work, this 400+ pg. novel of strapping, pulitzer fiction that i've been putting off like a term paper. so this morning waking up late and with a headache, what do i go and do, but spend the day continuing to read the motherfucker. it's not that i particularly like it or dislike it: it's a sugar pill, like the weekend we watched the first three seasons of the sopranos, having never had cable. i feel guilty- not about the hooky, but that i'm not fiercely affected by what is clearly a smart, well-crafted novel. i can see that i'm supposed to be enthralled by the precision with which the writer makes bare for analysis every character's, major and minor, fears and foibles over the arc of 50 years, just like i can see that i'm supposed to be wearing gauchos.
Thursday, October 13, 2005
- Nov 18 7 p.m.Clean Part Series, Lincoln, NE
- Nov 28 8 p.m. Too Close for Comfort Reading Series, Milwaukee, WI
- Jan 28 7 p.m. Zinc Bar, NY
- Nov 03 Joe Amato & Kass Fleisher
- Dec 22 James Wagner & Brian Whitener
- Feb 09 Monica de la Torre & TBA
- Feb 23 Stephen Rodefer & Daniel Borzutzky
- May 11 Lisa Fishman & Kate Colby
- Jun 08 The City Visible anthology release reading
- another thankly tip from the uberblog, "w" magazin...
- assuring quality I'll just fall asleep next to an ...
- should have listened to janet jackson instead
- found poem/the answers
- a sentence j and i never thought i'd say: "want to...
- I went to see the runners. I walked the last half...
- .woke up..blueberry pancakes. .tea. .read the read...