Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ahoy

My lapse in blogging is partly due to an uptick in bicycling. Chicago is currently considered the best city in the States for bicyclists, and this week is bike to work week.. um, that's a 15 mile lakefront trek for me.. perhaps, perhaps. I guess sometimes the States aren't a totally backward place.

Also this week, my niece tore up an anemic dance recital with her moonwalk and Thriller solo. Was ballast in my first ever sailboat race (thanks Bill). Reading first 5 pages of an armload of fiction from last week's book fair booty. Found out that Os Mutantes are headlining the Pitchfork Festival the day before my birthday. That's a show I'll stand in a crowded park on a 98 degree humid day for. Caught a butohy carnival at what will be Discrete's (hott) new venue in the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home